PC running slow or freezing due to Incredimail
In order to find the cause of this issue, determine if the issue is when sending or receiving, Creating a Message, or General Slowness. You should first install the latest version of IncrediMail to restore any damaged or corrupted program files that may contribute to this issue.
Send/Receive Process is too slow – Large Messages stuck in Outbox or Server.
Please check your Outbox (Sending) or Server (Receiving) for large messages and remove them to complete the download.
Error Message – An Error Message can point you in the right direction. Please check your Error Message to find clues to the cause, and try a solution according to what the message states. Listed here are some general examples:
3 Digit Error beginning with 4 (e.g. Error 420) – Usually associated with your connection, or an issue with your Email Service Provider.
- AUTH/Authentication – Incorrect Username or Password, or Email Settings – Step #2
- Incorrect Username/Password – Incorrect Username or Password – Step #2
- Failed to connect – Incorrect Settings – Step #2
- Operation Incomplete – Possible issue with Recipients’ Address or Mailbox – Try Step #3
- Socket Error, STARTTLS Error – Check your Firewall – Step #1
- AVG POP3 Proxy Server – Issue with AVG. Please contact them for assistance.
- Certificate CN Name – Check your Computer Clock Time and Date, and then try Step #2.
- Hotmail Login Allowed Every 15 Minutes – Hotmail/MSN/Live may have a limit on the amount of time you can check for mail. Please contact them for more assistance.
- Keylib Error #28 exp date empty – Check Firewall and then Reconfigure – Steps #1 and #2
Solution for Incredimail Running Slow error:
1) Firewall, Anti-virus or Personal Proxy – These may interfere with IncrediMail and prevent it from accessing the Internet, which is necessary for actions such as sending and receiving email.
To verify that your firewall isn’t blocking IncrediMail, please make sure that the following IncrediMail processes are all in the firewall’s ‘Approved Programs’ list:
If the issue wasn’t resolved, try to disable your firewall and then continue the send/receive process.
2) Incorrect account configuration – First remove your Email Account configuration, and then Reconfigure it again:
- Open IncrediMail, click the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Accounts’. In the ‘Mail Accounts’ dialog, select your email account and click ‘Remove’.
- After removing the account click on ‘Add’ and reconfigure your email account.
- Please check that your Username and Password match the one given to you by your Email Provider!
3) Stuck Message (in IncrediMail) – Make sure your ‘Outbox’ folder is empty. If it isn’t, please delete all items in it (or move them to your ‘Drafts’ folder). If this solves the issue, check that your message doesn’t exceed any of your Email Account Provider’s limits (size of attachments, amount of Recipients) and that all your Email Recipient Addresses are correct.
4) Issue Receiving (Stuck Message) – Check your webmail for messages with large attachments that might be blocking your connection. Remove these messages from your webmail Inbox, and then try to receive again.
5) Check your Settings – Configure your Email Account in another Email Client (e.g. Outlook Express/ Windows Live Mail). If it works, you can easily import the settings from that client. To configure your account in the other Client:
- Open your Email Client, click the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Accounts…’.
- Click ‘Add’ , then select ‘E-mail Account…’, and finally ‘Next’. Complete your account configuration and click ‘Finish’.
Delay while Creating Messages – Disable the ‘Typing Feature’ using one of the following:
- In the main IncrediMail window, click the ‘Tools’ menu and then ‘Options’. Under the ‘Effects’ tab, simply uncheck ‘Play Typing Sounds’.
- In a New Message, click the ‘Typing’ icon. The Typing feature will now be disabled.
1) Delete the Runtime Folder – This Folder contains Temporary files, and deleting it should help your IncrediMail run faster (it will be recreated over time):
- Click ‘Run’ in the File Download dialog, click ‘Run’ again when asked to run the software and follow the instructions in the SupportUtil dialog.
2) Reset Internet Explorer (Instructions for IE9) – Please note that IncrediMail uses Internet Explorer components to work, so you will need to perform these steps in Internet Explorer even if it is not your Default Browser!
- Please first close IncrediMail completely from the Tray (right-click the envelope icon next to your Computer clock and click ‘Exit’).
- Open Internet Explorer, click the ‘Tools’ menu (“gear” symbol) and select ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Security’ tab, make sure ‘Enable Protected Mode’ is NOT marked, and click the ‘Reset all zones to default level’ button.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ tab, click ‘Reset …’. After doing so, click ‘Restore advanced settings’.
- Click ‘OK’ and close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Open IncrediMail and check if this helps.
For Windows vista/7
3) Restart Windows using ‘MSCONFIG’ (Windows Vista/7) – Restart Windows with only the bare minimum of programs. This will determine if another program is causing IncrediMail to run slowly:
- Click the ‘Start’ menu and in the ‘Start Search’ dialog, type the word ‘msconfig’, and press on the ‘Enter’ key.
- In the ‘System Configuration’ dialog, select the ‘Startup’ tab and click ‘Disable All’.
- Restart your computer. With only the basic programs loaded, please double-click the IncrediMail icon on your Desktop.
NOTE: To retrieve your start-up settings, repeat steps 1-2 and click ‘Enable All’.
4) Restart Windows in Safe Mode (Windows Vista/7) – Restart Windows with only the bare minimum of programs. This will determine if another program is causing IncrediMail to run slowly:
- Restart your computer.
- Before Windows starts, press the ‘F8’ key on your keyboard.
- Select the ‘Safe Mode (with Networking)’ option from the ‘Mode Select’ menu.
- Check to see if IncrediMail runs correctly.
NOTE: To restore your computer to its normal state, simply reboot it.