How to fix Incredimail Crashes on Import of Data?
IncrediMail Version: Build ID 6254824 Setup ID 7 Pn 118654333
Internet Browser Type: Google Chrome
Operation System: Windows XP
What have you done before the problem occurred?
Trying to transfer data settings to a new computer. It runs for about 1 hour, before crashing with the below error message, when the “Incredimail transferred Data” folder gets in the region of 4.6Gb in size
If you receive any error message, please quote it precisely:
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) – on reading from 86FF1DC2
Faulting Offset: 0009931D
Please provide a full description of the problem:
Cannot bake a backup using the option “Data and Settings Transfer Wizard” => “Export Data and Settings”. Crash with the above errors after running for about 1 hour
Firefox mostly used by customers for own better result and browsing. Firefox update its own browser time to time and add amazing features for users. So if you are using Firefox permanently and you want to make Firefox your default browser for better web browsing. Follow these simple steps for best results:
Since the customer is unable to back up your data using the Data and Settings Transfer feature you will have to back up your data manually.
All your personal IncrediMail data – email, contacts and content – is stored in your Windows Profile folder. To retrieve your IncrediMail folders, email messages and contacts, first copy your personal IncrediMail folder to the Desktop:
1) Right-click the IncrediMail Tray Icon and select ‘Exit’.
2) Browse to the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name (Logon Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\
3) Copy the ‘Identities’ folder to an external drive /disk on key / DVD.
How to restore Incredimail Email after formatted PC?
The customer is not able to use the transfer option to get it back into new PC.
Now the customer will have to use the Import Messages feature. To import email messages and folders, do the following:
- Open IncrediMail, click the ‘File’ menu, scroll to ‘Import and Export’ and select ‘Import Messages’. In the ‘Import Messages’ dialog, select ‘IncrediMail’ and click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Select Folder’ and browse to the ‘Identities’ folder located on your external drive to import your old email messages.
Let’s try to manually import your emails. Make sure your old “identities’ folder from the other PC is on current pc’s desktop.
· From the menu bar click on ‘file’ then ‘import and export’.
· Click ‘import messages’
· Then, Click on ‘Incredimail’ then ‘next’.
· Now, Click ‘select folder’ button and locate and click your ‘Identities’ folder.
· Select ‘next’. Select ‘all’ or only the folders you want to import. ‘OK’. DONE.